Do you want to make a difference?
We are looking for enthusiastic and pro-active community spirited people to take on various responsibilities before and during the Convention’s day.
What will I get out of volunteering?
It depends on what motivates you. Volunteering with the Convention will mean you are making a difference (directly or indirectly). You could also benefit from helping or supporting other people, using existing skills or learning new ones, gaining confidence, being creative, responding to challenges, and being with other people. You may feel satisfaction from playing a positive role in someone else’s life or the Community. If you’re looking for work, you will gain valuable experience for your CV. Above all else we want our volunteers to have fun and enjoy their experience.
How much time do I have to give?
As much or as little as you want . You can tell us what you can do and when you can do it and we will help you find a volunteer role which is suitable.
Some roles, especially those reaching out to the Community are very challenging as you may need to work at unsociable times. Other roles have a minimum time commitment of a few hours per week. At Last year’s convention some people volunteered for a couple of hours a week, others helped out at one-off events or during community outreach campaigns.
What skills do I need to volunteer?
This will depend on what you do. If you don’t have the skills needed, where possible, we’ll help you develop them. Often, patriotism, enthusiasm, the ability to smile and encourage are the most important skills required.
- Social-media (face book, twitter, likened etc updating information and awareness
- Fundraiser/sponsorship co-coordinator
- Event co-coordinator – guide & motivate the event committee
- Ushering on the day
- Community outreach awareness campaigner, visiting social and church gatherings
About the Convention:
The expo bring together experts, business leaders, professionals and representatives from prominent organisations based in Uganda, the UK and internationally. Delegates obtain up-to-date information on the vast potential for investment that Uganda (East Africa) offers to both the domestic and international community, acquire business tips, obtain relevant literature on priority sectors for investment, take part in an interactive Q & A session and hear about the realities of doing business in Uganda.
The expo is now the biggest forum focused on Uganda in Europe and attracts more than 2000 on the day. We have two sessions from 9.00am to 7pm sessions and workshops and later an after party which also attracts more than 1500 guests.
Delegates at the event will gain:
- Gain key insights and trends from industry experts
- Breakdown challenges and access guidelines on investment opportunities in Uganda
- Learn how to navigate various sectors’ business and investment opportunities
- Network with other delegates interested in diversifying their portfolios
- Meet key industry leaders, policy makers, and other creative business thought leaders
- Explore the options available to grow your businesses
- Highlight the commercial gaps in an economically ripe industry
- Access networking opportunities with government officials, current and potential investors, private sector companies, inter-governmental and multilateral organisations, consultancies and advisory firms, and other stake-holders, including high level speakers.
- Gain access to opportunities for scheduled or one-to-one meetings are also available with our VIPs
If you want to know more about our volunteering opportunities, please contact us on
Mobile: +447790647089 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team -Uganda Convention-UK (UCUK)
Whattsup (+44) 7790 647089
8th Uganda-UK Investment Convention
Sat, 15 Sep 2018 | time: 9am – 6.30pm
Order at: https://ucuk2018.eventbrite.co.uk
After party: The Legendary AFRIGO BAND + FIK FAMEICA
15th Sept 2018 | Time: 8pm – 02.30am
Venue: Troxy, 490 Commercial Rd, E1 0HX London UK
Buy your ticket at https://goo.gl/gsKL2M.
or call ticket Hotline: 0844 249 1000*