Do you want to make a difference?
We are looking for enthusiastic and pro-active community spirited people to take on various responsibilities before and during the Convention’s day.
What will I get out of volunteering?
It depends on what motivates you. Volunteering with the Convention will mean you are making a difference (directly or indirectly). You could also benefit from helping or supporting other people, using existing skills or learning new ones, gaining confidence, being creative, responding to challenges, and being with other people. You may feel satisfaction from playing a positive role in someone else’s life or the Community. If you’re looking for work, you will gain valuable experience for your CV. Above all else we want our volunteers to have fun and enjoy their experience.
How much time do I have to give?
As much or as little as you want . You can tell us what you can do and when you can do it and we will help you find a volunteer role which is suitable.
Some roles, especially those reaching out to the Community are very challenging as you may need to work at unsociable times. Other roles have a minimum time commitment of a few hours per week. At Last year’s convention some people volunteered for a couple of hours a week, others helped out at one-off events or during community outreach campaigns.
What skills do I need to volunteer?
This will depend on what you do. If you don’t have the skills needed, where possible, we’ll help you develop them. Often, patriotism, enthusiasm, the ability to smile and encourage are the most important skills required.
- Social-media (face book, twitter, linknd etc updating information and awareness
- Fundraiser/sponsorship co-ordinator
- Event co-ordinator – guide & motivate the event committee
- Ushering on the day
- Community outreach awareness campaigner, visiting social and church gatherings
About the Convention:
- Uganda Convention UK’s vision is to harness the tremendous skills, expertise and knowledgebase of the Ugandan Diaspora with a view to promote socio-economic and infrastructural development back in Uganda. Uganda Convention provides a platform for exchanges of views and networking to Ugandan Diasporas on matters of common interest and concern to them.
If you want to know more about our volunteering opportunities, please contact us on Mobile: +447790647089