untapped investment opportunities Manufacturing | Agri-Business | Health and Service industry
- What are Africa’s Export Opportunities and Challenges to European and North American markets?
- How can Uganda accelerate Industrialization and Manufacturing?
- Investing in Uganda’s healthcare sector: How to strengthen health systems performance, increase investments in health, improve equity and address social determinants of health towards a sustainable healthcare future. Where are the investment opportunities? And what will it take to get more private sector participation? (Dr. John Paul Bagala)
- What do UK exporters need to know about entering Uganda market? (Eric Olanya)
Some Focus Points
- How industrialization and manufacturing can be accelerated in Uganda.
- What are the key infrastructure and policy constraints to efficient manufacturing and job creation?
- Is investing in media risky in Uganda, where are the opportunities? (Kin Kariisa)
- NAADS: Has NAADS got any programme to influence and attract investment and participation by Diaspora Support?
- What are the key industrial agricultural value chains suitable for investment in Uganda?
- What are the challenges and requirements for agro-products from Uganda to access the European market?
- What is the government putting in place to mitigate volatile commodity prices like the recent maize price drop? Does this pose any investment opportunity in post-production space?
- What key policy and technical issues need to be addressed to enable small scale producers and traders to benefit from the growing demand for food within the East African region? How to promote uptake of new technologies on the ground?
- Governance levels. What threatens longer term investment sustainability? (Mrs Kawooya)
- Is political stability strong enough to make Uganda competitive on the global stage. De-risking investment through political change?
Moderated by: Ade Daramy, Writer, Broadcaster and Press Officer
- Eric Olanya, Head of Trade, Department for International Trade, British High Commission in Kampala.
- Samuel Mugasi, Executive Director, NAADS
- Christabel Blanch, Africa Sales Manager at Alvan Blanch
- John Paul Bagala, Country Coordinator, Uganda UK Health Alliance
- Hon. Makumbi Kamya Henry, Member of Parliament Sectoral Committee on Tourism, Trade and Industry
- Christine K. Kawooya, CEO, Institute of Corporate Governance
The perfect gender balance panel was looking at the untapped opportunities in Uganda.