Session Keynote speaker – Investment Opportunities for Diasporas
Click photo to watch the video
- Oil sector – construction of oil refinery, storage facilities and pipelines, distribution of natural gas products, logistics and transportation, marketing of oil products, skills training and capacity building in oil and gas
- Tourism – Provision of accommodation facilities in major tourist parks, beach resorts around the water bodies, especially around Victoria Lake, Hospitality training facilities, marketing efforts worldwide to help promote Uganda globally.
- Manufacture – Agriculture – Housing – Health – Finance
Textile, ceramics, dairy, beef, medical and veterinary drugs, plastics and packaging, fertilisers, seeds implements and paper product; agriculture processing (Uganda’s most promising and key strength); commercial fish farming, establishment of commercial seed multiplication centres, poultry, animal and crop farming, value addition through the processing of fruits and vegetables and other agricultural products.
- Construction of silos would address the lack of storage, which is now forcing farmers to sell their products straight after harvest, at whatever price they can get, to avoid it perishing.
- Leather processing, planting of trees, mining and ITC, establishment of business processing and outsourcing centres, digital paid television, management and transmission of data storage facilities.
- Housing sector, energy, financial sector, mortgage facilities, merchant banking, Islamic banking products, leasing finance for example for farm machinery, education, infrastructure, highways maintenance and construction, water transport ferries (more ferries needed to the one currently available), health infrastructure, quality health care at affordable prices and credible health care insurance.