AFFORD is a UK-based charity with a mission is “to expand and enhance the contribution Africans in the diaspora make to African development”. AFFORD seeks a dynamic, innovative, ambitious and result-oriented achiever to deliver,
manage and develop its ABC (AFFORD Business Centre) project as well as its entire enterprise and employment programme in Africa and the UK. Job creation through enterprise development is one of the major strands of AFFORD’s
work and ABC is one of the flagship projects under this strand. ABC is an integrated business support package entailing: state-of-the art office space and facilities; in-house professional experts; and programme of accredited training
and thematic business workshops and events.
The main outcomes linked to the Director’s job are:
- Ensure growth and development of the businesses supported by AFFORD, leading to these businesses creating significant numbers of new, good-quality, long term jobs in African countries.
- Ensure flow of significant amounts of new Diaspora Direct Investment (DDI) in job-creating sectors of the economy in African countries.
- Ensure successful implementation and achievement of ABC output targets in Sierra Leone and successful replication and implementation of ABC in other African countries.
- This is a high profile job with major responsibilities within a small pioneering and dynamic diaspora charity.
- Experience of managing enterprise, employment or other business development projects
- Good knowledge of migration and international development funding opportunities
- Recent experience of raising grants and investments of £0.5m or more
- Experience of developing, replicating and managing projects in the UK and/or in Africa
- Creativity, innovation, ambition and enthusiasm for African development.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should download the application pack at: www.afford-uk.org
The deadline for applications is: Friday, 3rd February 2012, 5pm UK time.