Job Title: Diaspora Volunteering Alliance (DVA) Co-ordinator
Responsible to: Trustees
Main responsibilities: To manage and run the DVA efficiently and effectively.
Duration: October 2011 to March 2012 (provisionally)
Days per week: 3 full days
Salary: £18,000, all inclusive
Context of the Diaspora Volunteering Alliance
The DVA is a membership/umbrella organisation of diaspora organisations
Interested and involved in international development including volunteering in
countries and continents of origin.
- Supervision of Administrator and volunteers
- Servicing the Board of Trustees
- Catering to the needs of the DVA Membership, i.e. capacity building, sign posting, information sharing, liaising, etc.
- Planning and delivery of DVA activities (newsletters, training, delivery of annual conference, advocacy, etc.)
- Fundraising activities to cover DVA salaries, operational costs and activities
- Financial management
- Assisting in DVA strategy development
- Strategic planning and supervision of DVA website, facebook, twitter, etc.
- Representing the DVA at meetings/conferences
- Commissioning and management of research
Required Experience and Skills
- Management of staff and volunteers
- Working with Trustees
- Working with Members of differing skills, expertise and needs
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written)
- Fundraising experience is essential
- Able to manage accounts, develop cash flow statements, book keeping, etc.
- Experience of working with multi-cultural groups and communities
- Experience of working at a strategic level and contributing to strategies and frameworks
- Able to commission and manage research
- Knowledge in organisational development
Applications should be sent with your CV and a covering letter and two names of your nominated referees to Cllr. Sandra M. Kabir on email@example.com by no later than 27 September 2011. Interviews will be held on the 11th of October 2011.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, then you can assume that you have not been selected for an interview. Note also that due to limited resources, we will only provide feedback to those who have attended an interview.